High Beam Liquid Highlighter Review









I know friends- this post is long overdue. I sincerely apologize for the delay. Life happens, I'm sure you awesome folks understand and so, I will get right to the point!


O High Beam highlighter, how I love thee.


Swatches
I am absolutely loving this. The more I use it, the more I love it.

The packaging is designed like a nail polish. The one you see in the picture above is a sample size from a set I purchased by Benefit. It still is the same nail polish application concept but just smaller than the original.

As for the product itself, the application is easier than you'd expect from a liquid product. I like to apply this by drawing lines along the tops of my cheekbones, down the middle of my nose, and dot it under my eyebrow. Then, with a clean finger I blend until it's all nice and highlighted! It dries from a liquid to an ever-so-slight powder finish. You can definitely go without setting it with another powder highlighter.

The result of the highlighter by itself- softly glowy highlighted cheeks. Can definitely be worn with minimal makeup!

The fact that I can use this product, by itself, without needing a setting agent is what makes it such a favourite. It has taken a place in my to-go makeup routine for when I need to look just put together enough in a rush! Alhamdullilah :D

I'm positive you've already heard a lot about this from YouTube as well. However, it is also one of those products which makes you think- "Ok, so this works for her. But- will it work for me?".

I've made a quick review card for you to decide yourself! Is it worth it for your beauty (and wallet)? You decide! :)


I also mentioned in my previous post that there is very little difference between this and the NYX highlighter. The only difference is that NYX has a stronger highlight with larger glitter particles that makes it more suitable for nighttime wear whereas High Beam has a 'soft glow' effect to it with dispersed sparkles. NYX's highlighter also dries quicker and so it's trickier to blend compared to High Beam.

I personally enjoy using both according to the demand of the occasion. High Beam is my choice for the daytime/lighter looks whereas NYX is what I reach out for nighttime occasions/weddings!

What do you think? If you already own high beam- please share your thoughts. If not, would you consider purchasing it after this review? I love conversation :D

Until the next post, have an awesome day!

♥ Soul food for the day 
"And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth, 
"You owe me."
Look what happens with love like that.
It lights up the sky."
- Hafez

No comments:

Post a Comment