Review- Estee Lauder: Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eyeshadow Base




Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Here is another review for you guys! :D
So, I bought this at Va Va Voom in Andalus Mall for SAR 79. My actual purpose to go that mall was to get Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance eye primer at Sephora, since I have read a lot of reviews on it which say that it could probably be the best eyeshadow base ever... but unfortunately it was out of stock and I really wanted an eyeshadow base for an upcoming day-long event that I needed to attend so, my mission to get Too Faced turned into a hunt for a base I didn't have any clue of.
I ended up getting this base by Estee Lauder- Double Wear Stay-in-Place eyeshadow base.
And I must say it is AWESOME! My eyeshadow stayed crease-free and had the same intensity when I applied it at first perfectly for a complete 14 HOURS! I am not exaggerating at all! After returning from the mall, I checked out the review for this base at tons of websites, which didn't help me at all to even get an idea of how this would work since some reviews rated this product 10/10 and some... well, 0/10! So, yes, you may imagine my situation.
But I am so glad right now that I purchased this product! I cannot imagine how some of the reviews rated it 0/10. Estee Lauder claims this product to have "15-hour staying power-- extends the wear of eyeshadow and keeps it in place, smooth and crease-free". And it stays true to every word!!
Aside from Va Va Voom, I believe this can be purchased at Paris Gallery as well and everywhere else where designer brands are sold.

Would you buy this product?
If you already have it, how has been your experience with it?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I think I will try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same exact thing happened with me! I've been looking out for Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance at Sephora for a couple of months now...But they don't have it every time I check! So finally today, I went an bought Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay in Place from Va Va Voom..

    I just have one question, does it also work as a semi concealer? I read a few random crazy reviews that claimed so :\ I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUT, I got Estee Lauder's primer for 111 SR...Maybe the time you bought it was discount time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the info,i really dont beleive tht u got it for 79, its price is nearly for inglot. yest i bought nyx eyeshadow base, plz do tell me abt it,plz do tell me how to start the blog,wot steps r involved

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sumaiyya- It doesn't work as a true under-eye concealer but rather something that evens out the skin tone on the eye lid while priming them for eye shadow at the same time. Maybe that's what the reviews meant.
    Oh really! Yes, perhaps. But also, the prices have increased a bit as well since then I'm sure. One of my favourite concealers from Lancome usually priced around 140-144 riyals or something around that price range. And when recently I went to repurchase it, it costed 155 riyals. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Afkin- Hi there! You're welcome! How do you like the NYX eye shadow base?

    Here is a website where you'll find the steps to creating a blog-
    squidoo.com/blogger-setup
    You can also google to get more help from other websites.

    If you need any further help, feel free to write to any of us here :)

    ReplyDelete