NYX Born To Glow Liquid Iluminator (01 Sunbeam) Review

A review after so long! I missed writing here to begin with, but writing reviews-- even more. It's fun to test products, see the different angles it could work (or not), think about who it will be best for, if it's worth the money etc.

In this post I review a liquid highlighter by NYX. It is called "Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator".




 

 Here is what the product blurb says:


Capture that sexy glow with our lightweight, multi-functional illuminator. Use as a foundation base or over cheekbones, décolletage, or cupids bow for that refreshing luminosity that'll have everyone talking.

More tips from NYX on the highlighter:


What it is: Lightweight multifunctional face moisturizer that provides a luminous glow.
What it does: Enhances your complexion by adding a touch of shimmer illuminating your skin.
Why we love it: It provides a glorious, luminous healthy glow instantly!

Artist tips / Suggested use:

How to use: Apply all over your face to illuminate your features under and over foundation. It can also be blended with your foundation for an additional touch of glow.
WHERE TO BUY: You can buy NYX from Centerpoint! I bought mine from the Centerpoint in Andalus Mall, Jeddah.

Swatches

 

Thoughts . . .

What it is: A face highlighter, yes. A face moisturizer or something to apply all over the face- I wouldn't recommend!

This liquid highlighter by NYX is a beautiful highlight no doubt. But it can cling onto dry areas on the skin. When it does like that, it doesn't look too terrifying but the product is a tad bit difficult to blend on the dry areas so I'd suggest being quick with the application.

Because of the high pigmentation and extreme highlight quality, I would not recommend applying this product all over the face alone (unlike Girl Meets Pearl or That Gal from Benefit- both have a more luminescent quality rather than intense shimmer like this highlighter from NYX).

Perhaps this highlighter can be used all over when mixed with a foundation or moisturizer, but I haven't personally tried this so I cannot recommend with full trust on the result (if you have tried this, then let me know how it turned out!).

What it does: Adds a beautiful highlight! The pigmentation is on spot like I mentioned. The shimmer particles are not as large in size as I'd expected! It's actually quite small and looks like fairy dust on the cheeks, while also giving a wet look (I love!).

I was pretty impressed with this highlighter and it quickly became a favourite (something I did not expect!) I actually thought the shimmer was going to be larger but that was not the case. The product dries from a liquid to a powder finish- so you can get away without a powder highlighter on top and it still looks and stays beautiful and glowy. This highlighter is perfect for big events such as weddings and evening parties. Definitely recommend it to the brides.

P.S- I compared this to Benefit's High Beam liquid highlighter (another personal favourite) and I have good news to share- It's a 90% dupe for sure. I will go in detail on the 10% difference in my High Beam review coming very soon!

OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5 

Over to you- what do you think? Love it or Leave it?

No comments:

Post a Comment