I ♥ Drugstore Makeup [TAG]

Assalamu alaykum! 

If you watch beauty YouTube videos, you may be familiar with this Tag. As mentioned, it's called the "I ♥ Drugstore Makeup Tag"- all about one's love of Drugstore makeup.

For us Jeddawis- as far as I'm aware, 'drugstore' is not usually the name chosen for makeup brands that supposedly come under the 'drugstore' category. I'm thinking this term stuck to the makeup brands under this category because these particular brands are usually/only sold in drugstores in the western countries. 

One can say that these brands are on the more easily accessible and affordable spectrum among all the existing makeup brands. Which is great since everybody loves to get great deals on good quality makeup! :D

And for that reason, I'm attempting to do a "blog post" version of this tag! So as to share the love of Drugstore/affordable makeup with everyone and hear the same from you! Also, this specific tag video is one of my favourite kinds to watch, along with the "$20 Makeup Challenge"- its amazing how one can find amazing quality makeup and create stunning looks for such low prices!! :D 

So on to the tag I proceed! 


1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

Beautysets - milani

Milani! Although I do enjoy other brands, Milani is the one which I'm always excited about and most of their products truly don't disappoint.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

Face- Milani Even-Tone Powder Foundation. See my review of this product here
Cheek- NYX Powder Blush in Peach. I love it! It goes amazingly with every look. Perfect as on-the-go for my skin tone with a lovely satin finish.
Lip- Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Pink Crystals and Nivea lip gloss in "Copper". These two glosses were among the first ones to come in my makeup collection and have stayed strong in my favourites! The Revlon lip gloss is my favourite "on-the-go/goes-with-everything" pink gloss and the Nivea gloss is the same for me as a peachy shade. 

Beautysets - favourites


3. Least favorite product?

Something that I can remember off the top of my head- Max Factor Compact powder. It will be a shocker for most, since its one of the popular ones. My sisters and friends use it and they love it, but on my dry skin- it just doesn't do it right :( 

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow. This is amazing quality cream eyeshadow at a super afforable price.
Also, the Garnier Essentials moisturizer deserves a mention here. I LOVE this moisturizer and it's under 30 riyals for sure. I find the product to be of such high quality for the price and I truly hope Garnier does not ever discontinue it or increase its price.
Beautysets - Best bargains




5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)


I feel most of the products on here that I've already mentioned make this category lol So in order not to be repetitive, the first thing that comes to my mind are the Mikyajy Travel Brush set and the Eyeshadow Blender Brush (see picture). Yes, they are synthetic, but they work pretty awesome for the price and the eyeshadow blender brush is my go-to e/s brush. InshaaAllah I will do a more in-depth feature on these brushes in one of the posts for the Minamalist Beauty series. So stay tuned! :D 



Second- the brand Bourjois in general! Bourjois has given me a hope in the foundation arena for dry skin- loving their foundations! The best I could find for my dry skin so far. As of late, after acquiring a few bourjois products and finding my faves from among them, I'm thinking- "Hey, why aren't these talked about as much as others?" The main reason comes to my mind is the price, it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands but they really have delivered considering what I experienced from their products lately. If you want me to do post on my Bourjois loves lately, do let me know and I'll be happy to oblige :D 

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced? 


Keeping in mind the brands that are available here in Jeddah, I will have to say ELF. Really, for something that is supposed to cost 2 Dollars for the most part (7.5 Saudi Riyals at the time of this post), it costs a whopping 39 Riyals!! 

While I do realize most drugstore products available here are overpriced compared to their US prices, for some brands I really don't mind paying a little more if its something I really enjoy- but ELF's super hyped price just doesn't do it for now.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)

Milani 12 hour eyeshadow sticks- for Urban Decay 24/7 shadow sticks (As mentioned by DivaMakeupQueen here)
NYX single e/s in black- for MAC Carbon. NYX is so much better than MAC's new formula for Carbon. Seriously!
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation original- for Chanel Pro Lumiere (as mentioned by the pixiwoo sisters here)


8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

Honestly speaking, I've had more "isn't worth the hype" moments with higher end brands rather than drugstore ones. No drugstore product has, at least so far, given me this moment (or at least something I will immediately remember because of how strongly I felt about it). If I had to say something, then again- it will have be from E.LF- their HD Powder blush in Coral. Beautiful colour, great colour pay-off and even the application is impressive- but it doesn't stay on like that for as long as I'd want it to. It's not necessarily a bad product, but just not worth the hype for me, to put it that way.

I TAG:
Obscure Beauty
Samar Khan
... and YOU! 

Leave YOUR favourite affordable/drugstore beauty products in the comments  or write a blog post and share it with us! ^_^ We'd love to know!

That's all for this post, hope you enjoyed!

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter or follow us here via Blogger so that you'll know when the next post is up!

https://twitter.com/vicinitymakeup
http://www.facebook.com/vicinitymakeupjeddah

Until then, tc!

No comments:

Post a Comment