How I Store My Lipsticks + Kyara 2 Drawer Acrylic Container review



Hiiiii everyone! :D
Today I'm very excited to share with ya'll how I organize my lipsticks and a sort of a review on this storage item. 
Earlier I used to store my lipsticks in one of those acrylic cubic lipstick holders which was great but I always ended up getting dust on my lipsticks that way, also- my nieces are ALWAYS out and about to get their hands on my makeup, so that didn't help either. However I continued to use it regardless until I ran out of storage space, and had nowhere to store my new lipsticks.
I ALWAYS wanted to get the MUJI acrylic containers (kinda still do, cos they have more sizes), but the lazy me didn't want to go through all that hassle to order it online. 
So, I began on a hunt to find something similar here in Jeddah. And I found this:


The Kyara 2 Drawer Jewelry Box

What it is:
A two drawer acrylic desk, ideal for storing pieces of jewelry and in my case- lipsticks
Where I got it:
At Home Center in Al-Andalus Mall
How much I got it for:
49 sr
What it looks like:
Here are some pictures so you get an idea of what it looks like from all sides and angles :)





MY THOUGHTS:

-As you can tell, these drawers are clear acrylic see-through- so I love how I can see the color and name of the lipsticks.
-It is lined with this black thing that kind of resembles shelf-liners- which is good because it will keep your things from sliding around in the drawers. Although it is easily removable if you don't like the look.
-The drawers slides in and out easily, thanks to the handles on it.
-The entire drawer is made up of a comparatively thicker acrylic than most drawers I've seen on the MUJI website- so I'd say its pretty heavy duty and durable.
-Although one thing I'd like to share is how BUMMED I was when I found out the drawers are not stack-able. Although they do stand side by side very well- kinda looks like this:


Here are some more pictures with my lipsticks in, so you can see what it looks like with the lipsticks in-



As you can see in the picture above, in my top drawer, it fits around 8 lipsticks when placed vertically.


And in my second drawer, you can see that the longer lipsticks don't fit vertically, so I store like 5 of my longer lipsticks horizontally and 3 of my other lipsticks vertically.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase as this drawer stores all of my lipsticks very well! I think, being a concealer junkie, it'd be ideal to store lots of concealers as well.

Who would I recommend this drawer?
I'd recommend this to anyone who was looking for acrylic drawers to store their makeup such as lipsticks, concealers, jumbo pencils, paint pots from MAC, or the Maybelline color tattoos etc. 

And HAPPY SUMMERS to all of you out there!! I know I'm very late at this but my summers started only about a week ago, and inshallah I will try my best to post a lot more frequently now :)



I really hope you enjoyed reading this post and it proved helpful. If you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comment section below or contact us on our Facebook or Twitter.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh I think something is wrong with blogger, it won't let me comment as a reply :( anyway @Manal Thanks a BUNCH <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw where did you those acrylic cubic lipstick holders?

    ReplyDelete