BEST OF MAKEUP 2012 (Part 2)





Assalamualaikum everyone!


This will be the second post under the title BEST OF MAKEUP 2012. I really hope you liked and enjoyed my last post! Do check it out if you haven't already (I talked about my fave face products like primers, foundation, concealers and all that good stuff :) ) Heres the link to it
http://vicinitymakeup.blogspot.com/2013/01/best-of-makeup-2012-part-1.html

Okay. SO! Firstly I'd like to apologize for posting this so late! I was busy with school, then I wasn't in town for a while and we have our final exams coming up really soon too.
P.S, please pray for me guys!

Anyhowww, this post will feature my favorite lip and cheek makeup products from last year.

Without further ado, lets jump right into it :D


BENEFIT's Watts Up
This is a cream to powder finish, beautiful champagne highlighter that gives a dewy look to the face. Its MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE HIGHLIGHTER EVER! I'd recommend this to those of you who love the dewy effect. I know this is more on the pricey side but, I've been very unsuccessful at finding a cream highlighter at the drugstore :( [If you have any recommendations, please leave them below :D] However, I'd say this is definitely worth your money because the amount of product it comes with is ginormous!



NYX's Rouge Cream Blush 
I have this in the shade "Glow" and I love it! Its a pretty natural pink blush. It makes your cheeks look very glowy and healthy. I love the formulation of this product. It stays on really well throughout the day. I'll definitely be trying more of these in different shades.



E.L.F's Blush 
I have this in the shade Pink Passion. Its a nice hot pink color that instantly brightens up your face once you put it on! I already have a post with swatches and stuff where I talk about this product (and lots of others too!) - so if you want to know more about this product, follow the link below-
http://vicinitymakeup.blogspot.com/2012/10/shop-and-tell-2-elf-cosmetics-in-jeddah.html




BENEFIT's Hoola Bronzer
Its a matte bronzer. I love this for precise contouring. I'd say this is awesome for people who are in the light to medium shade range and are looking for a good matte bronzer. I know, its again on the pricey side, but it comes with a lot of product and I definitely look at things like these as makeup investments as they last for years!
I've also heard great things about the BOURJOUIS bronzer. If you ever tried it, do let me know in the comments below as I'd love to check it out too!

And yes, I'm in love with this brand! :P



NARS Bronzer Trio Limited Edition Cheek Palette 
This trio literally has all my favorite go to cheek products, especially times when I'm in a hurry or times when I have to get ready at a friend's place, or school, or even the car :P  I just think its really convenient to have the blush, bronzer AND the highlighter all in one palette. I love it's packaging as I've probably dropped it a ga-zillion times and it hasn't shattered one bit! I'm a bronzer maniac and I love how they put the bronzer in the biggest slot :D its also very nice how NARS put their best selling blush and bronzer in this palette :)




MAKE UP FOR EVER's lipstick 
I have this in no. 32. This was a gift from my loveliest sis @GirlNextDoor.
Its a really nice and pigmented cool toned bright pink lipstick. Its a matte and isn't drying at all. I loved wearing this by lightly dabbing it on my lips for a natural pink color and sometimes I'd just apply it heavily for that night time party look.



MAC's Lipstick
I have this in the color "Impassioned". Its from their "Amplified" line of lipstick so its a crazily pigmented matte color. I saw MakeupWithJeniffer on YouTube use this in one of her tutorials and went crazy about it. Although, this looks a little different on my lips than it did on her's but I still love it. Once again, this isn't drying at all. I'd say its a bright fuchsia with slight coral undertones to it. I think this an awesome lip shade to wear to a party.


RIMMEL's Kate Moss Lipstick
I know what you're thinking...
 "What? Another lipstick?!"
Well, yes, another lipstick :P I actually went crazy once I entered lipstick-land last year!
Anyways, I have this in the shade 08. Its a really nice mauvy pink shade which looks superbly natural on the lips. Its creamy and richly pigmented. We gifted it to one of the participants of a giveaway we held last September (I think) and she told us that she loved it too! If you're looking for a lipstick in this shade range, give this a try as its really affordable. Trust me, you CANNOT go wrong with this!



NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream
I have this in "San Paulo". Its a really pretty mid tone-ish dark pink color (It looks like a burnt pink in the picture but trust me its not! I was taking the pics right before sunset so it didn't come out so true to color). Its formulation is not that of a lipstick, neither of a gloss. Its the perfect blend! Its finish is exactly as the name of the product- a soft matte! It looks so beautiful on the lips, I cannot explain how much I love this product overall! I'd definitely recommend you all to try this :)



URBAN DECAY's Lip Junkie 
Lastly I'd like to show ya'll my favorite lip gloss of the year. I have this in the color "Naked". Its a sample size version that actually comes with their Naked 2 Palette (which I love! Stay tuned for the last post where I rave about the Naked palettes :P and other stuff too) Its a really tiny lip gloss that's almost the size of my pinky. Its has a plumping effect on the lips, and it smells and tastes like mint. It gives a sheer color to the lips. Looks very natural, and feels highly refreshing on the lips!




If you don't know where to find these brands, below are the places where I usually purchase them

BENEFIT products from Sephora at Andalus Mall, Red Sea Mall, or Mall of Arabia
NYX and RIMMEL products from Centrepoint at Andalus Mall
NARS products from Selfridges.com 
Urban Decay products from Debanhams.com 
MAC products from the MAC store at Red Sea Mall or Mall of Arabia
E.L.F products from a stall at Shallal Theme Park


That's all for part two :) I hope this post proves helpful to you. Stay tuned for the final part where I'll feature my fave eye and brow products from 2012.

Comment below to let us know your feedback on this post.
And also let us know what you're favorites are from the categories I talked about above :D We'd LOVE to know :)

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter or click that Follow button so that you'll know when the next post is up!

https://twitter.com/vicinitymakeup
http://www.facebook.com/vicinitymakeupjeddah?fref=ts

2 comments:

  1. Walaikumsalam. Isn't there any other mall where I can search for mac products? Mall of Arabia and red sea mall are in some corner of the world from my home. I can't see myself going there any time sooner. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, same here! Other MAC stores are at Tahlia and those areas so it's still far :( Hence, we usually have a bulk list and go one day and purchase all products. MAC really needs to open a store in other areas of Jeddah!

      Delete