Tip Of The Day (TOTD): Using Toothpaste as pimple reducer?


"Got a pimple before a big event? Dab on a little toothpaste. According to Dr. Frances Jang, a dermatologist at Skinworks in Vancouver, British Columbia, “It acts like an astringent drawing impurities out of the skin.” The paste will dry up the blemish and help kill germs in the affected area. Dr. Jang recommends that users of this quick fix “find a natural or organic toothpaste with minimal addictives. Get an actual paste, not a gel. Apply a small dab to an acne spot and leave it overnight.” Be sure to use a small amount – too much and your skin may become irritated or excessively dry. In the morning, wash away the paste and your breakout should be less inflamed and noticeable." [1]
It works!

I tried it the other day when a pimple emerged near my chin. 

I used an actual toothpaste like the tip asks to, not a gel (if you have used certain Close-Up brand toothpastes, you may understand the difference). The specific brand I used was Sensodyne.

I applied the toothpaste as soon as I spotted the pimple, let it sit on top for an hour or two. And when I came back to wash it away, the pimple was nearly gone! 

This just might become my go-to quick fix for any unwelcome-d guests on my face, lol! I usually would use yogurt as a spot fix but, will mention more about that in another post sometime because I'm still trying to find out what the science behind that trick is. 

Will you try this out? 
Do you already use this trick? 
Share your experience in the comments below! 

What is your trick to tackle unwanted zits and pimples? Especially which emerge at the wrong time, lol! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1- Reader's Digest, 6 Weird Beauty Tips, http://www.readersdigest.ca/health/beauty/6-weird-beauty-tips

4 comments:

  1. I have tried this trick before but it took more than two days for it to go away because the kind of
    Pimple I get are big n scary that leaves scars behind. Lol. And I didn't use sensodyne so I believe that did the trick of which toothpaste you apply. Alhumdulillah, I have a dermatology prescrIbed treatment going on and my skin has become so much better. :)
    Thanks for this article!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback :D Glad to hear the good news about your skin doing well ma shaa Allah! :D

      Delete
  2. Trying this out right now! Using Sensodyne as well. Been getting pimples from stress. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you as well!

      You are most welcome! :D

      Delete