Shop and Tell #1 (... and Happy National Day!)

Hi there!

Inspired by my fellow blogger friend- Nada's Sanctuary, and Kandee Johnson at Youtube, here is the very first "Shop and Tell" post of this blog! :D 

Here are some of the things that I picked up on Friday while I was out with my sisters, shopping :) 


Click to enlarge
Anti-clockwise from right:
  • OLAY Complete Illuminating Daily UV Cream
  • BOURJOIS  Volume Glamour MAX Definition mascara.
  • Perfume oils
  • Makeup sponges
  • MILANI Shadow Eyez Eyeshadow pencils in 02, 04 and 03.
In hopes that this post is a bit more useful for you, I will talk a little more about the products I bought, why I bought them, what I think about them so far, and all that good stuff! 

Click to enlarge
OLAY Complete Illuminating Daily UV Cream: I was picking up a moisturizer by Olay that my little sister uses, saw this on the display and ending up purchasing it. I was on the look-out for a nice, lighter consistency moisturizer. Also, the product blurb caught my attention. I'm very happy with the consistency of this cream so far and am super excited to start using it! It does have a slight shimmer though (the product says it's "illuminating", I was expecting it) but nothing obnoxious like some *2* of the Ponds creams I've tried. Those Ponds creams are good in their place (can be used as bases for foundation and such) but for everyday use and the look I was going for, they didn't work out well for me. 


BOURJOIS Volume Glamour MAX Definition mascara: I had to purchase a new mascara so I bought this one, on recommendation of cheezz12345 on Youtube. Her review sold me on purchasing it and I can't wait to try it!

Perfume oils: These little perfume oils are amazing! You get various scents, 12 mini "thumb" sized roll-ons for just SAR35! I bought this from Beauty Key shop at Andalus Mall (opposite to S-mart on the top floor), Jeddah.
The specific one you see in the picture at the beginning of this post is actually for my elder sister. I bought a pack for myself (the pink box with roses) some time back and loved them, so when I told my sister about it she wanted it too. My little sister bought it as well hahah :D 
Click to enlarge




Makeup Sponges: Pretty self explanatory. I needed to replace a sponge for my face powder that I use, hence I picked these up.

MILANI Shadow Eyez Eyeshadow pencils in 02, 04 and 03: I specifically bought these to feature them in a blog post for the Minimalist Beauty series! I was already convinced of the excellent performance of this product from reviews, and especially after DivaMakeupQueen's review of this on how these are amazing dupes for the expensive Urban Decay 25/7 Eyeshadow pencils, I just had to get them and share them with you. They really don't disappoint so far. The three colours I bought are 02- Brown Deluxe, 04- Green Safari and 03- Champagne Toast. I cannot wait to wear them on my eyes! The price on these is SAR35 each

Click to enlarge
I buy my MILANI products at the Beauty Key shop, Andalus Mall (opposite to S-mart on the top floor), Jeddah- as I mentioned earlier. Do you know where else in Jeddah they are available? For non-Jeddawi's, is MILANI available in your city? If yes, where? Please leave in it the comments so it can help others hopefully!

That's all for the Shop and Tell! Hope you are having a nice long weekend! ;) Happy National Day to all residing in KSA!



♥ Feedback ♥
  • What were your recent purchases?/ What have you recently hauled? 
  • Have you used any of the mentioned products? If yes, how do you like them?
Let us know! 

Tc! 

6 comments:

  1. Asalamu alaikum.

    JazakAllah khair for your time.

    Take Care.

    p.s Have you heard of Hajj Qiraan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walekumassalam! Wa iyyaki! :D

      Yes, Alhamdullilah I came to know about Hajj Qiraan only last year! Your blog post is super helpful! Jazakillah Khair!

      Delete
  2. Alsallamu alaykom!

    I bought a Beauty Blender from Jeddah (I live in Egypt) a few days ago! I thought you'd want to know that the holy grail of makeup sponges is available locally! Check their page, they have so much stuff from Sleek, and elf and of course, Beauty Blender.
    https://www.facebook.com/SleekMakeupKSA?ref=ts&fref=ts

    Can you please tell me 1) Where else Milani is sold, and 2) what other drugstore products are available in Jeddah because I just discovered NYX and I want to go on a shopping spree!

    Jazakillah Khayr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walekumassalam!

      That's great! Thank you so much for letting us know, it's much appreciated!

      1) So far, the location mentioned above is the only place I've found here in Jeddah where Milani is sold.
      2) The usual ones- Rimmel, Revlon, Maybelline, Max Factor, Lo'real along with Deborah Milano (you can find it at Centerpoint). Oh yes, also Barry M, and No7! Both available at Boots Pharmacy here (Mall of Arabia). Essence is also available, which you can find in one of the cosmetic shops at Shallal. These are all I can recall off the top of my head. Enjoy your shopping spree! :D

      Wa iyyaki! Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Yeah rock on the Shop and Tell! Love this! I never knew MILANI Shadow Eyez Eyeshadow pencils are available here. I didn't even find it at Drugstore.com

    I love this post. I have read numerous reviews of these pencils and all were positive.

    Nada

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nada- Thank you Nada! I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

    You will love the Milani shadow sticks, they are awesome :D

    ReplyDelete